Prevent More Traffic and More Pollution in Inglewood
SB 789 is a bill sponsored by Senator Steve Bradford that would exempt the proposed LA Clippers Arena from California's landmark environmental law known as CEQA.
On Monday, September 11, the Assembly Committee on Natural Resources will be voting on SB 789. We need you to join us and make your voice heard.
If this bill is passed, the exemption granted to build the Clippers arena would:
- Place the health and safety of the Inglewood community at risk
- Force minority-owned businesses to upend and close
- Contribute to already over-traveled streets and create even more traffic
- Increase air, noise, and light pollution in an our already dense urban community on the LAX flight path
- Take public funds that will jeopardize the future of our city and vital community resources for years
Take Action TODAY!
Call the following members of the committee and ask them to vote No on SB 789
Chairwoman Assemblymember Cristina Garcia - 916-319-2058
Vice Chairman Assemblymember Dante Acosta - 916-319-2038
Assemblymember Travis Allen - 916-319-2072
Assemblymember Ed Chau - 916-319-2049
Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman - 916-319-2013
Assemblymember Heath Flora - 916-319-2012
Assemblymember Monique Limon - 916-319-2037
Assemblymember Kevin McCarty - 916-319-2007
Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi - 916-319-2066
Assemblymember Mark Stone - 916-319-2029
Please also contact Senator Steve Bradford and tell him you oppose SB 789: http://sd35.senate.ca.gov/contact or call 916-651-4035